Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Psychological Diagnoses (PART 1)

Just as I may post about topics that I may not fully believe in or that I may not fully understand, I like to post things that I find to be good teachings and positive findings regardless or the race, religion, or creed that may encompass the ideas.

http://www.cchrint.org/tag/dsm-5/
THAT'S MY DISCLAIMER!

So, here it goes:

The DSM IV TR got me through the majority of grad school. And NO, I am not even a clinician. And I am not in the clinical field. But they made us learn about these diagnostic topics.

To me the courses about "Abnormal Psychology" were by far the most depressing things I had heard. Basically the DSM text states all these disorders and it catalogs them and defines them based on length and possible events involved.

Because I did not take the path of a clinician I was bothered that I had to learn so much negative information about problems and issues

BUT ONLY ONE PROFESSOR TAUGHT ABOUT SOLVING ISSUES AND CONFRONTING PROBLEMS.

I totally understand that the professors did not want us to go around attempting to diagnose ourselves or others. Knowledge is power. And of course whenever we learned about a new topic we would think

OHHH NOOOO!!! I HAVE THAT!!!!!

A lot of people have an interest in Western Psychology. And I do as well. I will do my best to post a few tid bits about some things I learned in school. But I want to be careful as I am not a professional.

I CAN DO RESEARCH!

But I cannot diagnose. Nor do I have an interest in diagnosing.

But because many of the past posts have been based on some vague ideas, uncommon in mass Western teachings, I would also like to add some Western ideas to the pot.

I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOURSELVES, BECAUSE I SURE AM!




No comments:

Post a Comment