Monday, July 9, 2012

Life's Lessons- Comfort Zones

http://corporatelifecoach.blogspot.com 
Davey Wavey of www.breaktheillusion.com (the same dude who owns the YouTube Channels: Wickydkewl, DaveyWaveyFitness, and DaveyWaveyRaw)

is soon to turn 29. So, a very happy birthday to him!

He stated that his life lesson for his 28th year is-

being out of your comfort zone and doing things that scare you is what contributes to "magical" happenings...

[OF COURSE BE CARFUL! THIS DOES NOT MEAN TO GO JUMPING OFF CLIFFS, STREET RACING, OR PARTAKING IN DRIVE BYS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALSO "SCARY"].
 
Often times we stop ourselves from doing things because we deem them unsafe. We think of all the possible bad outcomes before we even give the idea a pilot test.

Don't get me wrong, I do not condone being a quitter BUT we have all heard people say:
-I hate my job
-I hate my house
-I hate my neighbor
-I cannot wake up in the morning
and so the list goes on.

Think of the things you REALLY hate. I HATE broccoli that has been cooked and then has gone cold... HATE IT!!!! So what do I do? I either heat it up or I don't eat it.

If you truly hate something you will usually avoid it. But sometimes people secretly enjoy misery. I am not trying to blame the victims here, nor am I being judgmental. I know that sometimes we hate things and we have to stick them out. But sometimes there is an opportunity to change the situation.

But change is scary. Many times we would rather work for the jerk of a boss, or live in a dangerous neighborhood, or keep engaging our nutty neighbor in conversations, or stay up so late that we cannot get up early.

Davey Wavey has a good point. Sometimes moving or changing and being scared for a second can strengthen our view of ourselves.

Makes us stronger. More confident.

Don't be afraid to at least dip your toe in the water and see how you like the temperature. Sometimes you don't have to dive right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment