Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lick It

http://bagger-ce.blogspot.com/2011/05/steve-locke-tongue-paintings.html
"...if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every way."
-James, the brother of Jesus

People who know me well will realize that I possess a great ability
-to say stupid things.

I find that writing helps to keep my opinionated side at rest.

I can write what I think, and in all areas. And because I have written it once, I will not need to use unruly force in expressing an idea, ESPECIALLY when I disagree strongly with another person.

I can be harsh when I write. BUT I KNOW THAT I CAN ALSO FILTER MY WRITING MUCH BETTER THAN I CAN FILTER MY MOUTH!

Is it just me? I'm sure I'm not the only one. Right? Riiight???

In my mind, writing is similar to painting.
I can create a draft
and edit it in a few days
or weeks
or months...
until it becomes just right and contains no flaws.

But nope, I am not perfect. And I never will be.

In these modern days we have computers. They are fast. They help us get things done QUICKLY.
How easy is it to type unfiltered thoughts and send them out to HUNDREDS?
S-I-M-P-L-E!

It is a work in progress. I think most of us have let our tongues and/or speedily typing fingers get the
best of us.
GOOD THING WE HAVE A DELETE OPTION ONLINE!
But in the real time of reality we are not so lucky.

(Sorry, maybe this is not such a positive thought, but it is the darn tootin' truth).



No comments:

Post a Comment