Monday, December 31, 2012

Graphic Design Freeware Like Adobe Suite

www.gimp.org
Adobe Suite is an extremely expensive package.

For a professional, this is worth the investment. For those who have money to spend, the use of Adobe Suite is possible after publishing.





www.inkscape.org
I do freelance logo, web, and business card design. Because I like learning new software and new skills, this is fun for me. Although it can be difficult helping a client to communicate their vision, I have never had the change to do much artwork since I became a professional college student.

View my portfolio here:
www.gracencube.carbonmade.com

I do not use Adobe Suite because I cannot afford it.

GIMP and Inkscape together is a fun combo! I can make flyers, posters, cards, customized icons, etc.





I use GIMP instead of Photoshop. I have seen the images that come from Photoshop editing, but I have to go with what I can get! For image editing and manipulation I use GIMP. There are plenty of tutorials and library manuals to help me perform the tasks that I need.

I use Inkscape instead of Illustrator. I can draw vector images with the software and work with layers easily. I find this software great for logo designs.

www.gracencube.carbonmade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment