Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Perfect Job (Predictably Irrational) PART 1

http://stuartaustin.com/blog/?p=2096
I recently received an eBook from Chris Ariza of Golden State Saga.

In "Predictably Irrational" by Dan Ariely

the narrator speaks to me of the perfect job.

During this tight and unpredictable economy members of society are forced to sacrifice COMFORT, HAPPINESS, AND SANITY
for INCOME.

We have bills to pay!
These bills come in the form of
BABIES
LOANS
MORTGAGES
RENT
GROCERIES
GASOLINE!!!

As I listen to this eBook on my iPhone during my walks to the beach, I hear the words of Dan Ariely explain a concept that he does not directly state, but that I interpret as
THE PERFECT JOB.

Ariely uses a behavioral market research study to explain that when participants were paid to
do a boring job
for which they were
paid
yet those participants felt as if the job was not useful or helpful in anyway to anyone

THE PARTICIPANTS DID POORLY AND GAVE UP VERY QUICKLY.

The opposite was true for those participants who were
underpaid or not paid at all
yet
felt they were doing a good and needed service.

The point may be: Find employment where you feel needed OR you will need a greater payment to compensate for your lack of fulfillment.



No comments:

Post a Comment