Sunday, July 21, 2013

Changing Myself & Myself Changing

Changing Myself & Myself Changing: Revival & Reformation 


Can I seek out the change within myself first AND THEN I will look different? OR do I start walking the walk first BEFORE I feel differently?

Do you have strange memories of long picnics, yearly t-shirts, guest speakers, and constant church services and special musics for hours on end, day after day?

Reformation may remind us of high school detention, history textbooks and memorization of dates and names of wars and battles throughout the world.

Us church folk often here of scary words like "revival" and "reformation."

What do you think of when you hear the words REVIVAL or REFORMATION?
THESE TERMS ARE FAR DEEPER AND INTERESTING THAN THE STRANGE MEMORIES SOME OF US MAY CONJURE UP!

IF NO ONE CAN SEE THE CHANGE, HAVE I TRULY CHANGED? IF I DO NOT FEEL CHANGED, AM I TRULY CHANGED? ARE THERE STEPS FOR CHANGE? WHY CHANGE IF I AM HAPPY? HOW CAN I CHANGE IF I AM UNHAPPY?

- Which comes first? The revival or the reformation?
- Can we have one without the other?
- How does real change actually look in my life?

Maybe I feel changed or feel different. A different mindset. A new outlook. Maybe I got some much needed rest. Or had some kind of awakening through a new idea I learned somewhere... got motivated and more driven. Internal change is REVIVAL. A rebirth.

What if I look or act differently? Different clothing, words, physique. External change is REFORMATION. Something we can see in a person or a group of people that is visibly different than before the change took place. Like remodeled clay or a remastered album.

Can I seek out the change within myself first AND THEN I will look different?
OR do I start walking the walk first BEFORE I feel differently?

Do I put out the effort before the change can happen? Or can I be changed just by absorbing my surroundings?

Based on a discussion hosted by Pastor Shiphrah Fepulea'i of Garden Grove SDA and The Sanctuary




No comments:

Post a Comment